BMT Tax Depreciation Property Tax Depreciation Information
Claim Property Depreciation Deductions and Get More Cash Back from the ATO
80% of property owners are missing out on property depreciation deductions. Commercial and residential property owners are often unaware of tax deductions available through property depreciation.
As an income producing building gets older and items within it wear out, they depreciate in value. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows property owners to claim tax back for this depreciation. Investors do not have to spend money to claim depreciation. As a non-cash deduction, depreciation is often missed.
Raine & Horne aim to ensure commercial and rental property owners are maximising their cash return. We have a relationship with BMT Tax Deprication who specialise in property depreciation for all kinds of properties including residential, hotels, offices, industrial, retail and medical buildings.
BMT Tax Depreciation can provide potential investors with tax depreciation estimate. This estimate assists a buyer to determine their after-tax cash position if they were to purchase a property.
The BMT Tax Depreciation Calculator is also a useful tool for property investors to calculate the likely depreciation deductions available. To use the depreciation calculator simply click the button below.
The following are some important points about property depreciation:
- BMT work with your accountant: BMT Tax Depreciation will work alongside the investor's accountant to compliment their service and produce a report that is easily interpreted.
- The property does not have to be new: Most properties, both new and old, will attract some depreciation deductions. A common myth is that older properties will attract no claim. It is worth making an enquiry about any property.
- "The BMT guarantee!": BMT Tax Depreciation guarantees you will receive double the fee worth of deductions in the first full financial year claim or there will be no charge for our services.
- You need a specialist: Engaging the services of a quantity surveyor who specialises in tax depreciation makes investment property ownership easier by maximising tax deductions and increasing the cash return.
- Previous year's tax returns can be adjusted: if depreciation has not been claimed, investors can go back and claim deductions from previous financial years. The ATO may have to pay the investor money back!
- Improve your cash flow: Property depreciation can improve cash flow and reduce the cost of owning an investment. In most cases, depreciation will pay for your yearly management fees and more.
- This table contains examples of deductions available: The depreciation benefit depends greatly on the type of building, its age, use and fitout. Based on the Diminishing Value method of depreciation, several building scenarios are provided as an approximate guide.
BMT Tax Depreciation is a firm of quantity surveyors specialising in maximising depreciation deductions for property investors. Click the button below to request a quote for your investment property today.
As a Raine & Horne client you will receive a special reduced fee.
For a free assessment of the likely deductions to which you are entitled, call and speak to a BMT depreciation specialist today on 1300 728 726.
To learn more about property depreciation and what you can claim, click the links below to read articles or educational videos.